Production Coordinator / Administrator
London, United Kingdom
£24k - £26k Annually - Permanent
Due to business growth our client is currently looking for a full time Production Coordinator/Administrator to join their Scenic Department in South London. This is a key role in facilitating the day to day operations of the department. The scenic department designs and builds sets for live events.
– Assist the Scenic Department with sourcing materials and fabrics, as well as organising the hire of furniture, props, etc
– Assist the departmental Heads and Production Managers in creating specification documents following internal/external briefings.
– Work with the Heads of departments in documenting and facilitating the processes required for the scenic workshop and Production Management.
– Liaise with and support the Operations Team with booking crew and transport, ordering couriers, etc
– General administration duties such as issuing purchase orders, printing/scanning and meticulous filing of documents.
– Support the Production Managers onsite with the delivery of live events as and when required including the coordination of contractors and freelancers.
– Taking minutes at meetings and distributing to the relevant parties in a timely fashion.
– Responding to requests from team members and clients both efficiently and effectively.
– Assist with the coordination of tasks and commitments of the Scenic Department.
– Able and willing to be contactable out of hours, when projects are on site.
– Ensure that the company's health and safety policy is adhered to.
– Undertake any other duties within the scope of your knowledge and skills as required.
– Friendly, personable, positive approach.
– Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
– Experience working in a fast-paced, challenging and client facing environment.
– Unfazed by unpredictable workloads and changing demands, prioritising according to deadlines.
– Proactive, resourceful and able to use own initiative to solve problems.
– Ability to work effectively and collaboratively alongside team members.
– Creative with a good eye for detail.
– Willing and able to travel overseas for site visits and jobs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Knowledge of design software such as Autodesk and Vectorworks is desirable but not essential.
– Construction and sourcing knowledge such as an understanding of materials and their specifications is advantageous.
– Experience working in events or similar industries.
– Strong computing skills, confident picking up new software quickly.
Job reference: DC19174
Applying for this job
To apply for this role please click the button to below to send us an email. Please include your CV and a brief covering letter outlining any further details you feel are relevant to your application.