Senior Technical Manager
SE London, United Kingdom
£35K - £38K Annually - Permanent
Are you a Technical Manager currently working in or with expert knowledge of the Live Events sector? Are you looking for new challenges and a renewed sense of excitement in what you do? One on The UKs fastest growing Technical Production Companies is looking for a Senior Technical Manager who will bring their expertise and energy to the team to helping the company develop and grow, taking them forward at this exciting time of growth. Your strong background in all things Video, Sound and Lighting will be highly appreciated, and you will gain by joining a vibrant & energetic team whose ethos is to remain friendly, collaborative highly person-centred no matter what!
The role its self involves the following:
- Generating proposals and quotations for events and working directly with project managers to ensure that the event is delivered smoothly.
- Onsite management of events from installation to de-rig, including crew management.
- Delegating technical responsibility to on-site technicians (including freelancers), ensuring all duties are achieved within the deadline.
- Ensuring you have full knowledge of the company's stock hire equipment and its functions.
- Managing budgets to ensure maximum profitability without compromising quality.
- Stretching the client’s creative understanding to deliver the best possible event within their scope and budget, and working with the warehouse manager & team, to make sure all relevant stock is available and serviced to the best standards.
- Servicing and coordinating all technical requirements requested by the project managers.
- Working with venue operation staff so that in-house equipment is set up correctly, and to the client’s specifications.
- Offering technical advice and support to the project management team and clients.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Experience within events, technical management and equipment hire industries.
- Advanced level of understanding of the technical requirements of the event market.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehension of technical CAD drawings.
- Able to work in a fast paced, challenging and adapting environment.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Friendly, personable, positive approach.
- Imaginative problem-solver.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of d&b sound systems, Analog Way, Robe lights, Chamsys and Avolites.
- Extensive understanding and experience in video, lighting and sound
- Experience working with Vector Works is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working with suppliers and subcontractors, mainly concentrated towards video, sound and lighting.
This is a role that is urgently needed and interviewing as soon as possible.
Start date: As soon as possible
Job reference: DC19154
Applying for this job
To apply for this role please click the button to below to send us an email. Please include your CV and a brief covering letter outlining any further details you feel are relevant to your application.