Senior Production Designer
SE London, United Kingdom
£38k - £40k Annually - Permanent
Are you a Production Designer, with knowledge and experience in the Live Events sector? Are you looking for new challenges and a renewed sense of excitement in what you do? One on The UKs fastest growing Technical Production Companies is looking for a Senior Production Designer who will bring their expertise and energy to the design team and to help it develop and grow, taking the company forward at this exciting time of growth. Your strong background production design will be highly appreciated, and you will gain by joining a vibrant & energetic team whose ethos is to remain friendly, collaborative highly person-centred no matter what!
The role its self involves the following:
- Working alongside Project Managers and Technical Managers in the planning and delivery of live events; including Onsite management and delivery.
- Attending meetings and site visits and taking meticulous site measurements of venues, and work confidently with clients in a professional.
- Full event design from the development of initial ideas through to the completed design, including the production of detailed floor plans, creative moodboards and visuals.
- Producing 3D renders (ideally within Vectorworks) or hand drawn illustrations.
- Sourcing, contacting and managing suppliers as well as managing the design budgets with our Project Managers.
- Designing and formatting artwork such as backdrops and presentations. Managing the delivery of all graphics with complete accuracy.
- Sourcing materials and organising the hire of furniture, drape, staging etc.
- Assisting with Production Schedules.
Your experience and knowledge:
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, challenging and client facing environment you will be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with high levels of accuracy.
- Welcoming and responding to queries and requests from team members, managers and clients.
- creative and imaginative problem-solver with a good eye for detail.
- Your friendly, personable, positive approach helps you as acreative and imaginative problem-solver, and your keen interest in design with a good eye for detail adds to your understanding of technical production.
- Unfazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands.
- to enjoy working collaboratively alongside team members.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
Software that you will need to be adept in:
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Experience with CAD is essential, we use Vectorworks.
- Able to produce 3D renders. Hand sketching skills are desirable but not essential
- Computer literate, preferably with experience in Mac but not essential.
This is a role that is urgently needed and interviewing as soon as possible.
Start date: As soon as possible
Job reference: DC19153
Applying for this job
To apply for this role please click the button to below to send us an email. Please include your CV and a brief covering letter outlining any further details you feel are relevant to your application.