Director of Operations
South East London (SE10), United Kingdom
£65,000 - £70,000 Annually - Permanent
Director of Operations Event design and Technical Production Company
The Director of Operations is a newly created senior position within a progressive, energetic (and rapidly expanding) Technical Production & Events Company; who have a strong ethos of approachability and team work. This role is designed to support the Managing Director to deliver the company's revenue growth ambitions as well as their vision to “create event methodologies that separate us from the rest”. Events range from the spectacular and internationally renowned, to high-end fashion shows, venue partnerships and corporate events.
You will be a key member of the senior leadership team and your experience is a vital element for the overall company strategy and working practices, and your collaborative approach will ensure all the departments work together to deliver world-class events (collaboration is key!).
You'll be responsible for the Technical and Operational functions of the company and enjoy taking the lead, to stay at the forefront of technology that also maintains the seamless delivery of events.
Working alongside the Director of Projects, this role will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Technical and Operational functions of the business ensuring the company delivers world-class events to budget. Therefore, you will have direct responsibility for the following teams:
- Technical Department (Lighting, Sound, Video, Rigging)
- Operations Department (Logistics & Crew)
As part of the Senior Management Team, your key role and responsibilities willbe to:
- Lead by example and develop new and existing working practices and behaviours to ensure the teams are working efficiently and collaborating effectively with clients and suppliers, between themselves and across the whole business;
- Work with the heads of departments to ensure the teams are delivering a first-class technical service.
- Overview the ongoing maintenance programme and equipment capital expenditure for the company.
- Strive for a high level technical delivery from all departments, measured by client and projects department feedback.
- Take overall responsibility for the department's financial planning and account profitability to ensure the company's financial targets are being met.
- Take an overall management of the utilisation, organisation and layout of warehouse facilities.
- Act as the go-to solution provider for complex technical and operational projects.
- Have an In-depth knowledge of Technical Equipment, permanently analysing market and client trends to ensure the company remains competitive and innovative. You will be expected to provide regular analysis of stock and asset rotation to ensure that we are maximising utilisation.
- Ensure and oversee company planning to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
Job reference: DC18128
Applying for this job
To apply for this role please click the button to below to send us an email. Please include your CV and a brief covering letter outlining any further details you feel are relevant to your application.